The Tilstock Bradbury Village Hall is ideally located in the picturesque and historic village of Tilstock in Shropshire.
What can we offer?
Since opening in 2007 the hall has been the centre of activity in Tilstock, with many using the hall for family celebrations such as wedding receptions, Christening and birthday parties (young and old), large and small meetings, conferences, training courses, musical events, barn dances, fetes and fairs..
We have two rooms to hire; a smaller meeting room that can seat up to 40 people which has access to our garden area and a main hall that can seat 80-100 or cater for 120 dancers with access to our well stocked bar area,
Both have ready access to our large kitchen.
The two rooms can be easily combined to make one large venue for 150 standing or dancing, 120 seated in row or 100 seated at tables.
We have plenty of room outside and a large free car park.
We have excellent disabled facilities; dedicated disabled parking spaces, double entrance width doors that are fully accessible to wheelchairs and a large disabled toilet.
What do you want to do here?
The Village Hall is used for a great variety of events ranging from wedding receptions, birthday parties, anniversaries, conferences, exhibitions, seminars, christening parties, dances, yoga classes, hobby groups and much, much more.
Want to find out more?
Contact Angela on 01948 880972
Weekdays 8am — 11pm.
Weekends 8am — 12pm.
A Brief History
Tilstock Bradbury Village Hall opened in September 2007.
The previous Village Hall was on a different site, in a building that formerly housed the local National School, erected in 1834. 100 years later, in 1934 the building became the Parish Rooms and was registered as a Charity in 1935.
For the next 70 years, the Parish Rooms were used by many groups and organisations, such as Tilstock W.I., Tilstock Football Club, the Youth Club, Young Farmers, Senior Citizens’ Club, and Tilstock Bowling and Tennis Club. Dances, whist drives, concert parties and cinema shows were all popular. In 1982 the Parish Rooms were re-named “Tilstock Village Hall”.
In 1999, the Village Hall committee decided that the current Village Hall was unfit for purpose. Amongst other problems, disabled access was poor, there was parking on site for only two vehicles, and the hall was sited on a busy road junction with poor visibility for people crossing the road to the hall.
Over the next eight years, the committee raised funds with a busy and varied programme of events: Garden Trails, Quiz Nights, Folk Nights, etc. These were well-supported by the local community.
Funding was also obtained from a consortium of local businessmen and from the Whitchurch Market Towns Programme, Leader Plus, the Veolia Environmental Trust, Whitchurch Rural Parish Council, the Charles Hayward Foundation, the Garfield Weston Foundation and the Bradbury Foundation. This last grant completed the funding required, and as part of the conditions attached to this grant the new building was named Tilstock Bradbury Village Hall. The former Hall was sold and is now a private house.
To read the full story of the Village Hall, order a copy of “Time and Place: a short history of Tilstock Village Hall” by K. D. Jones.
£5 + P&P - all proceeds go to the Village Hall.